Saturday, November 19, 2011

Laura, Katie, Cecelia and Alex- oh my

Ah, what a fun few days.

On Wednesday I took Laura and her sister Katie to London for the new Twilight premiere. Laura views Twilight in much the same way as I do, but Katie loves it, so we promised we wouldn't sigh or roll our eyes the entire night. I think we succeeded. Mostly.

We arrived in London at midday, left our bags at the hotel and I took the girls shopping. When they'd spent enough of my money we went back to the hotel and changed. The girls looked stunning. I wish they'd allow me to post a photograph of them, because these are two VERY pretty girls- tall, slim, dark-haired, looking breath-taking in their Little Black Dresses. They were also wearing three-inch high-heels, so as we were walking down the red carpet they were looming over me like I had own personal Amazon bodyguards at my side. It was, I think you'd agree, AWESOME. Two Valkyries on my arms. What more could a guy want?

We saw quite a few famous folks- my favourite was Pixie Lott (cuz she's so purty), and there were a load of X-Factor contestants skipping around, looking delighted. I think they thought everyone had turned out to see them, bless their little fame-seeking hearts. I hadn't a clue who they were, because I do not partake of that stuff, but Laura and Katie were pointing them out to each other and offering comments.

"God she looks weird."

"Is that her face?"

"Look at those shoes. Are her feet on backward?"

"I'm surprised she can stand with all that hair."

The film itself was, you know, a film I saw. It was definitely a film I saw. I would go as far to say that it was even one of the most recent films I've seen. There were a lot of things in it. Chairs. People. Shrubbery. There were some words and a lot of music playing. There were outdoor scenes and indoor scenes. There were credits at the end. Looking at it that way, it had everything you'd want in a movie.

So... that's my review of Breaking Dawn Part One.

The next day I took the girls shopping (again) and Laura bought a dress to wear to her college graduation (and half an hour ago she stopped by on her way to the graduation and she looks BEAUTIFUL in that dress). We walked around Hamleys toy store, which was awesome as usual, and arrived back in Dublin at 5:30 pm. Which meant I now had two hours to go home, get a shower, grab my tux, and get to the Irish Book Awards. Yay!

I managed it, of course, for I am wonderful. True, I arrived JUST as it was starting, as is my way. I don't think I've ever been on time for the Awards. I didn't win my category, but I think they made the right decision. I've won three awards there in the past two years because of YOU, my Minions, and I would undoubtedly have won again this year if the winner was decided by the sheer volume of votes alone. But they also have a panel of judges that can make the difficult decisions if called on to do so, and they reckoned the best and most deserving book in that category was Anna Carey's The Real Rebecca. She also got a BOATLOAD of votes, from what I hear, so she won fair and square, and the look on her face when she won was hilarious. Eyes wide, mouth open. Brilliant.

And I loved not winning. To be honest, if I had won this year, I would have withdrawn my name from contention next year. And because I didn't win, I didn't have a hundred people coming up and congratulating me the entire night, so I could relax and have fun. I spent the first half of the night with Cecelia Ahern, one of my favourite writers to chat with, and the second half with Alex Barclay, my dear, dear friend. ("Dear friend". My God that sounds old. She's not my "Dear Friend". She's my Hot Friend. Yes, that's what she is. My Hot Friend Alex Barclay.) The fact that both of these writers are beautiful women had nothing to do with the level of my enjoyment, I assure you.

I got home to my own bed at eight the next morning. I had two hours sleep. Then I was up, to cram as much into the day as I could before meeting up with Alex again, for she was taking me to the ultimate in geek-fests- we were going to watch the first Lord of the Rings movie while the RTE Concert Orchestra performed the score live in front of us.


Now, we were both utterly exhausted after only a few hours sleep, but even so we had no problem staying awake. I had to keep looking away from the screen where the movie played, because it was all-too-easy to forget that the orchestra was doing all this live. Awesome, wonderful, hilariously-geeky stuff.

I got home at a little before midnight. I got into bed. I woke up and it was Saturday.

I've spent the last three days in the company of beautiful women who make me laugh, and I have to say that kind of thing never gets old. Thank you, my Minions, for all your votes and all your support. You have fantastic taste.

4,762 comments:

1 – 200 of 4762   Newer›   Newest»
m said...

1st!!!

amelie espirt ____the gummy bear assasin for the straight jacket said...

second wow i never get this close to the begining yay

Niamhy Jay said...

3rd??

Niamhy Jay said...

OMG 3rd THAT'S THE BEST I HAVE GOTTEN YET!!

Raechel Hudson said...

Oh, wow. I've never been this close to the top! Hi everyone!

amelie espirt ____the gummy bear assasin for the straight jacket said...

thank you derek hopefull because this is one of the first comments you will read it have you asked your publishers what is the best address to send you mail to and do you like harry potter i know its a strange question but please answer it. i hope that you do read this and that yo9u mention me and do you know when you are cokming to australia next hopefully soon and on a day that i can meet you please please come i would love to meet you and i might even get you something like a drawing what is you favourite cartoon, a devoted minion to the goldern god derek landy hopes you answer please if you dont ill cry

Niamhy Jay said...

DEREK
YOU ARE AWESOME!!
YOU SHOULD HAVE WON THE AWARD THOUGH (in my Opinion anyway)

Isabella Midnight said...

WOO

Isabella Midnight said...

Thought I should comment before anyone else gets there *glares*

Niall, the Guy With a Boring Name. said...

VEN, DEREK WAS IN LONDON AND YOU MISSED HIM, YOU SILLY GIRL

Lily Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Wannabe-Author said...

I still say that if the winner wasn't derek, they made a bad choice.

Lily Smith said...

Your the greatest author ever!

lego said...

*giggles* Derek, I am so, so jealous about the lotr geekfest. I'm not even that involved in that fandom...but just, the orchestra? right in front of you? MAJOR SWOON.

also, can I just state that I love you? because I do, quite an awful lot.

ViennaJarred said...

Wow Derek, you are such a nice person! Speding a fortune on those relatives of yours (I presume they are relations?), being glad you didn't win, going to that LOTR geek-fest... it just all adds up!

Mar-Chu said...

*blinks*

Lord of the Rings? Again? LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THAT!!!!!!!! WHY???!?!???!?!?!

First the corn gods giving me bad karma (I kept walking face first into doors), and now YOU, the GOLDEN GOD, has also un-concoiously warned me that if I don't watch it...






...I dunno, let's see if I walk into any doors on monday.

Doors are out to get me, I say...they are...EVEN MY CAR DOOR! GOD DO YOU KNOW HOW WEIRD THAT IS! THAT THINGS MESSED WITH MY HEAD THE WHOLE DAY WHEN I WACKED IT!

*giggles*

Well, it seems that you had fun the past two days, eh?

*walks away, looking out for doors*

amelie espirt ____the gummy bear assasin for the straight jacket said...

hahahahahahaha its like one oclock here and im thinking f trying to find dereks murderous thriller in which everyone dies that he mentiond in the first book\

Mar-Chu said...

....I'm sorry, I just woke up and I'm a bit delusional. That's why I'm seeing a bright pink kitten out of the corner of my eye. Or is that just my trashcan...?

...yeah, I have a bright pink trash can. DEAL WITH IT, YO!

My room's definitely NOT what you'd expect. Nope. Noooooo...

Anthony said...

Oh, look whose back
me.

I'm such a bad fan. I've been so wrapped up in trying not to fail highschool that I havn't checked this blog in like... 3 weeks. Damn you school.

Anyway, the fact that you actually did something Twilight related had my mind reeling and had motivated me to go and apologize to my mother. See, its just weird when your Mom goes out by herself, all alone, to go see the new Breaking Dawn movie, afterwards comes to pick you up from art club and all she can talk about is how much she cried and how mean Jacob was to that one werewolf chick. It's a position you never want to find yourself in. And if you do find yourself in it... I highly suggest running. But at least now we can say somebody cool went to see it, but cause the lord knows im stay faaaar away from that movie.

As of book awards, I congratulate you on your almost win? I guess? Maybe? Whatever. You know what I mean.

Lord of the Rings... Live band... omaigod... You've killed me with envy. That would be so cool... I read all the books and watched the movies x1000 over. Adding a live band would be (pardon my language, but its necessary to convey just how awesome it would be)...orgasmic.
Like... if they had Star Wars and actual people with light sabers were fighting in front of the screen. That would be cool.

Well i've rambled enough.
Derek, get more sleep. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Loving the tactful description of Breaking Dawn there. :3 Whatever about going to the premier of that, I'd actually be more enthused about going to the LOTR live orchestra showing. I love the soundtrack of the films, I can actually name all the tracks of music from the Fellowship and Two Towers. :x

09Sienna_Pyre said...

I walk into doors a lot. There's probably a conspiracy organizing it all. teehee.

amelie espirt ____the gummy bear assasin for the straight jacket said...

thats funny i walk into walls alot no wait the walls jumo out in frint of me and make me walk into them i blame the walls wow im like almost sleep deprived heheheh stupid walls

Min (Thalia) said...

Oh, that's awesome Derek. That is indeed awesome. It sounds like it was a lot of fun.

I'm too tired to comprehend much else, but I can tell you that you are a very nice person to put up with a Twilight movie.

azzy98 said...

24th the highest i've ver been

azzy98 said...

*ever

Shadow Whispers said...

First page! Yay

Kribu said...

Hee. I suspect that's one film I'm going to skip (not difficult as I haven't seen any of the previous Twilight films and I haven't read the books, although I wonder if I should, if only to understand the various jokes about it better). But I loved the review. :D

Ayesha said...

LOL Derek sounds like you had a lot of fun!
I know you didn't really want to win but I think you should have won you are such an amazing writer!!!!
Oh and i can't believe you went to watch twilight...I hate twilight!

Invisible_Fly said...

Wow, that sounds like an insanely epic day. I'm so jealous D:

Sarah ViEu2011 said...

lol, two Valkyries. Are there any photos? :)

flaring rhythm said...

LOOOOOOOOL I LOVE YOU DEREK. Oh lord, Twilight, the ultimate insult to intelligence...

Well, aside from that small torture of two hours of "I love you, Bella. Without you my heart would bleed and I would die and the whole world would collapse." "OMG SAME, EDWARD. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" (I went to see it yesterday....I don't even...What...) you sound like you had a good time! :'D
OH MY LORD, YOU LUCKY BEAST BEING AT A PREMIERE.

Ahem.

Don't worry, Derek, one day, Katie will see sense...She'll realise that Caelen and Edward have formed a self-loathing club in secret, and they all just sit there and whine about how much they love Bella and Valkyrie, bless there unbeating hearts. She'll realise. ONE DAY. ASDFGHJ You need to post of a photo of Laura and Katie!

Invisible_Fly said...

I actually want a legit review of Breaking Dawn. It'd be interesting to read...

Lol Inc. said...

LOLLOLLOL.
Sounds fun, but not as cool as hacking open a door with a hammer.
-Dark Dragon from Lol.inc.
(http://jcdragon14.blogspot.com/ - 'cuz I can.)

P.S; a friend of mine says that Edward Cullen was the result of a one night stand between Dracula and Tinker Bell.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

34th!! Maybe


Now to read the post!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Lol, lol!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Derek?


Derek?

I would love to have your life, premieres, toy shops, book awards, live shows, all done with other people socially.....,

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I posted this on the last one, but here it is again:


DEREK LANDY


I was making a Christmas list for, you know,
what I want for Christmas. Actually, no, I wasn't, because listing the same thing at least 40 times doesn't really count as a list, does it? Because, apparently, making a list like:

Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland
Go to Ireland

doesn't count as a good list to my mumzy. She would take me, but... When a trip is about $3000 in total, I'm afraid that's a little bit over the budget for that. So, I was wondering...

Will YOU come HERE?

I know you get that question all the time, but seriously? I want to go to Ireland in the first place because I'm determined to meet you. But if you came here, then you could meet LOTS of your little Minions who aren't all as insane as me and Amanda... Oh! And Amanda wouldn't exactly be able to go to Ireland with me, but if you came to us you could meet her too! SHE WOULD BE HAPPY! AND SO WOULD I! And I'm sure you'd like us! In real life she says other things than "Dipperonie" and "Snozcumber", trust me! And I'm even more witty and clever in real life! YOU SHOULD MEET US!!!

I was just having a connversation about this with my mumzy.

V: I want to go to Ireland.
M: I know.
V: Seriously. Because I want to meet Derek Landy.
M: I know. Why don't you just tell him to come here?
V: I've tried that... I don't know if he saw it, though.
M: Well if he came here, he wouldn't need a hotel or anything to stay in. He could just stay with us.
V: That... That is a good idea... He should. He'd probably like everyone here...

That's really how our conversations work.And I don't mean to sound weird or anything, but you actually could stay with us. And that would be amazing... So, if you ever need a vacation or anything, you can just... Come to Washington. Besides, you already know where I live. Seriously. You have my house address in an email. SO COME TO WASHINGTON!!! MEET YOUR FANS!!! LET YOUR FANS MEET YOU!!!

Invisible_Fly said...

I agree with Val.

Way easier for you to come here than for us to attempt going there.

(North) Ameriminions would appreciate it.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Derek, if you meet me you'd have three Valkyries....

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Derek, at school, you have no idea how many times I get called Bella from Twilight... AND I WANT TO HIT EVERYONE WHO SAYS IT BECAUSE THEY'VE LOST THEIR FREAKING MIND. And the fact that my name's Bella? THAT MAKES IT SO MUCH WORSE, and everytime I mention Caelan, they think I'm talking about Edward. They're like, "You got his name wrong. It's Edward." And then I say, "No, I didn't, because Edward's a fairy; vampires don't freaking sparkle. Caelan, on the other hand, is a vampire, and he can tear his skin off and rip you limb from limb, and he won't know who's an enemy or friend, so even if he was in love with you, he'd still tear you to pieces." And then the other person walks away, either disgusted or annoyed.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

And Derek, I swear, you always post things when I'm asleep. *kicks the time changes in the face*

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Hello ivy



Saw your post..

*grrs*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

MY NAME ISN'T FREAKING IVY!!!! I'M GOING TO CALL YOU SOMETHING ELSE IF YOU DON'T STOP!!!!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

What are you going to call me ivy?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*holds up a hand to keep Flame quiet* Hold on... I neeed to think of something....


McButtcheek. I'm going to call you McButtcheek if you don't stop.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

That just makes me laugh...


Seriously ivy is that the best you can do? Seriously, I thought you wanted me to regret calling you ivy.




That my partner is pathetic...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*punches McButtcheek so hard he flies through six buildings* YOU. DO. NOT. CALL. ME. PATHETIC.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

You know what? Your name's going to be Thrasher McButtcheek.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Wasn't calling you pathetic, just the name and the effort behind it



Maybe I'll stop...


I have a draft saved on our blog maybe youd like to read it?

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Cool that makes me laugh even more


Thrasher is a stupid thing and well

Mcbuttcheek?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Besides, if I were Ivy, I'd have black hair. AND I DON'T. And my eyes would be indigo. AND THEY AREN'T. At least I look like Valkyrie.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

How many Walls, doors, windows buildings have I gone through since knowing you?


*wonders*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Flame, you want a creepy name? You can be "Nye's Boyfriend".

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

You do have BLACK hair!!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

NO I DON'T!!! MY HAIR IS BROWN!!! I WOULD KNOW!!!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

I'm not gay.... Or bisexual...

I don't know


*kicks ivy*


I have to mop.... I'm still going to be here though brb

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Have fun, Nye's Boyfriend.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Well val has black hair

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

She has dark hair. Get your facts right. And my hair is dark, but it's not black.


Does it seriously look black?

lego said...

...having a boyfriend and being gay are not to same thing. *sighs*

and hi!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Hi Lego did you see my drawing???



Maybe *shrugs* being an it could make me either...

@ val,,,, it does in a picture.... And whatever

Vita Song said...

61st..... woooot
I saw twilight to day. AMAZING

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

I want to see it. *shrugs* my mum said maybe tomMorow....

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Anybody here?

~Acacia Volt~ said...

That sounds amazing, Derek. I'm glad that you had fun
:)

(Don't ask me why I'm up at 4:30am... I truly have no idea.)

Oh, and I reached 40,000 words on mah story! :D

Hehehe Pixie Lott is sooo purty.

Xxx ~ S'K

Vita Song said...

I have to say I don't normally like vampire things... well I mean Twilight. fine. but all the other vampire books are just plain boring. I mean they all copied twilight and it just goes over the top with all the vampire things or should I say Vampyre things.... *rollseyes* Some people just annoy me when they read all of the vampire books. Open up your mind people..... god.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Purty?

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Sighs

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I'm not seeing Twilight. EVER. I saw - I was forced to see the first movie, and, well, I hated it. And I don't like romance, I like violence.

~Acacia Volt~ said...

I just got back from watching Twilight... 8 hours ago. I cryed when Jacob cried. Damn, such a girl thing to do. I don't even like Twilight! .____.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Derek, I swear, there was something I wanted to tell you, but I just can't think of it....

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

That why u hit me?

Anonymous said...

Aww Derek!!!

Guess who's getting dragged to go see twilight in an hour?
=__=*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Well, Derek, since I'm on the first page, I may as well request something I just thought of.


Will you say something to Amanda? Please? She's my best friend, and the best friend I could ever have. She really loves Skulduggery Pleasant, and I think she'd be really happy if you did. You could even do something funny, like call her China Pleasant. Could you just say something? Thanks :)

Vita Song said...

You cried when jacob cried. uhhhhhhhh. All the girls (excluding me and livy)screamed when jacob took his top off. Typical

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
azzy98 said...

hmmm i wouldnt mind watching it either.... i've read the books and they're not terrible, i dont get why people hate on it so much

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

No hi azzy,,


Go look at my drawing

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Bye I have to go, dinner, will e on later

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I probably wouldn't hate Twilight as much if people didn't say I looked like Bella all the freaking time.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Bye Flame

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

DEEEEERRRRRREEEEEKKKKK


Will you send me a drawing of a scary purple Necromancer unicorn that stabs people? Pleeeease?

Anonymous said...

You really are able to watch twilight without driving the fans crazy? Wow. I've got a lot of evil looks when some of my friends (Oh, damn, why do i have friends again?)forced me to watch the last one with them. I can't ignore the feeling that they think they could brainwash me by doing this.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Why is there no one here?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Nevermind. There's a person now.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*wishes I could meet Derek*

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

WOAHH. THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN EPICSAUCE WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. (Y'know, minus the Twilight. But hey-ho. At least you can make more anti-twilight-jokes!)

And, just sayin' here- I LOVE CECILIA AHERN'S BOOKS (well, the two that I've read. :P ). She's in my favourite authors list, along with Derek (obviously), JK Rowling and Meg Cabot (don't judge me! :P ).

My friend realised that it was a bad idea to watch twilight movies after she dragged me to the second one. I sat there making fun of it the entire time... :P

It's ok! We're still on speaking terms! XD

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*is on the phone with Amanda* *covers the phone* She's weird... *picks up phone* Your brother Seth is wearing your shirt...?

Unknown said...

oh my god i haven't been on in ages! my interneet died last week but its back thank god!!!! Wow derek sounds like u had a brilliant week!!!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hi Crystal :)

Unknown said...

hey val :D how're u?

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Dandy :)


Amanda is so weird, I swear...

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Hey Val! Long time no see!

Hey Crystal! Pleased to meet you :)

Unknown said...

Hey Quinnera :D I saw Breaking Dawn today. I know your all going to hate me but I'm a pretty big fan -_- *blush*

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

*throws a lampshade at Crystal* No comment. -.-

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

So long as you don't call me Bella from Twilight, I won't hate you...

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Oh, and call me Quinn :) Everyone does. Well. Sometimes they call me other stuff. But let's not go into that :P :D

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hi Quinn :)

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

"So long as you don't call me Bella from Twilight, I won't hate you..."

Ohh. I thought you were talking to me there... Never mind... :D

Unknown said...

Well Val I don'tt hink you are one bit like Bella :) and u don't look like her either. You don't look like her atall actually :D

abbs-a-roo said...

hiya everyone whats up

Unknown said...

Hi abbs-a-roo!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Thank you Crystal, thank you.


Hi abbs-a-roo

abbs-a-roo said...

hi crystal r u okay

abbs-a-roo said...

hi val :)

Unknown said...

:D I'm gonna go and do some piano i just downloaded a some sheet music and i am dying to see how bad i amm at it cause its a pretty hard song XD any way i'll be on later bye!!!!!!!!!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Bye Crystal!

lego said...

QUINN YOU ARE NOT STILL HERE, ARE YOU?

*clings*

abbs-a-roo said...

bye crystal

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hi lego :D

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Hey Abbs!

Bye Crystal!

LEGO! HIIII!

I'm actually working whilst chatting.. Shhh....

abbs-a-roo said...

hi quinn

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Will my page not refresh or has no one said anything...?

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Nope. 'Tis quiet in this area of blogland. *sighs melodramatically*

abbs-a-roo said...

hiya

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Yes, 'tis quiet in Blogland...

abbs-a-roo said...

ano it's rather awkward when its quiet

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*is messing with things in my room* *finds a birthday card from my friend Lizzy* *looks at it*


On the front it says:

Happy B-day Valkyrie... You thought Caelan was your only problem.... Well...

*opens it*

*sees a picture of Tessercact taped in*

Think again! ROFL! *tesseract is saying, "Caelan is no match to me"*


(That was the best card ever XD )

abbs-a-roo said...

im going bye

Laura Jordan said...

Ah, bless that is all so cute! Would have loved to see Laura and Katie all dolled up :') I can actually see you strolling down the Red carpet with a Valkyrie on each arm :)

You didn't like Breaking Dawn? Oh my God, I LOVED IT!!! But, meh, that's just me. I'm a Twihard. I would have done anything to go to the Premiere!!!

Lord Of The Rings sounds epic. I remember my friend forced me to sit down and watch them all in one night and I was fairly surprised to discover that I actually really liked them!

Hmm, yes, it would seem like you've had a good few days there. Lucky Derek!

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

I'm smexy!!
Anyway hi I'll be here for bout 10 mins

Quinnera Elviana: 5th Seat of the Council of the Lost Ones said...

Hey Flame! Long time no see! I'mma liking the name :)

Bye Abbs!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hey Derek! Tell Laura and Katie I say hi, okay?

And if Laura ever reads this:

Laura, you're awesome :) Thanks for being so cool Valkyrie was based off of you... And just so you know, one time I was in a really dumb musical thingy, but my character's name was Laura. All I had to do was wave around a fake cell phone, screaming, "I can't get out! I can't get out!" XD

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Hi Flame

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Flame, are you going to call me Valkyrie, or were you enjoying being Nye's Boyfriend?

Moonie said...

Ahhh, that sounds so fun!! I'm glad Laura doesn't like Twilight. I was worried, with her being team Caelan. Heh.

Working on my Valkyrie cosplay project! I hope to get it up sometime in December. (Here's a preview: http://mooncactus.tumblr.com/post/12752301827/shots-of-my-valkyrie-cosplay-finally-i-have-a )

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Quinny...


*knocks her down in an over enthusiastic hug!* how r u.. Thanks



Some people disapprove on it.. *glares at foolish people*



@ivy... How r u?

http://myblogformydrawings.blogspot.com/

Gogogogogo!!!!!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

So your still Nye's Boyfriend? Fine. Be that way.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

That answer your question.....


I quite like nye.....

He gives me peoples spines if I ask nicely ;)


I've booked u in tomorrow at 12:30 Irish time kk?

Lynxia Lost said...

If anyone agrees please say so! I have recently seen a car called Morgan Supersports! I'm sorry Derek and I know your book says a 1954 bently but this car just seemed so perfect for Skulduggery! You should really Google images it!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

You can't have my spine, Nye's Boyfriend. Nye will be too busy dissecting you.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Seth, and Peren are cool names...

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

But I'm his boyfriend *slaps ivy*


Quits?

CharlieTheConsultingTimelord said...

Wow TWO Valkyrie's
You know what this calls for?

A FIGHT TO THE DEATH!

No not really it means a fabulous world indeed :)
Have a nice Saturday everyone :D x

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I'll tell them that... Seth and Peren are both weird though... Peren is my older brother, who's 14 (I think), and Seth is Amanda's younger brother, who I think is 9. Amanda and Seth look sort of similar, but Peren and I look nothing alike...

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Figures.... Weird is fun...

Weirdness runs in your family? Cos dissecting teddys is nothing but...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Quits on what? On calling each other the wrong name? If would just freaking call me Valkyrie or Val like my name says, then I'll stop calling you Nye's Boyfriend.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Amanda isn't part of my family... But she's just as weird...

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

But!!! That's not fair


Whatever


*kicks ivy in a freezer*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Flame, seriously, stop it. It's really annoying.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

*val

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

I meant val...

Anyway u hurting me on our blog is annOying..

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Yay. I'm Val. Okay, you're Flame again.

*goes up to Nye*
V: Flame's breaking up with you.
N: NOOOO! NO! NO! NO! I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO DISSECT HIM!!!
V: *shrugs* Too bad.
N: *dies*

*I leave*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Flame, wanna fight zombies?

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

I have to go in a few so no...


Maybe later.. If your on


I can edit ur posts you know, on our blog

Beef___ *Cornith Solomon* said...

Esta Boom Esta Boom-Boom! Hello, derekness of the world.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

I know I can edit them.


And bye, then, if you're leaving. *throws zombie at him anyway*

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

I'm not leaving.,


Anyway you might not want to look...



Just kidding....


*binds her with unbreakable silver chain* haha you'll have to stay like that until I cone back




Bye then if your forcing me to go...

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

I g2g will be on later


Hi beef

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*wriggles out of chain* I didn't break it, but I still got free.

Flame Phoenix (Fawkes)~roleplaying said...

Water bye

Beef___ *Cornith Solomon* said...

Apparently, Taylor dosn't take his top off as much in this twilight. *shakes head* It will not be the same. Anyway, I've read the book three times, so yeah. I bet Edward looks as ugly as ever.

Beef___ *Cornith Solomon* said...

AS UGLY AS EVER!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*looks at post* Derek, when you say you and Laura view Twilight the same way, according to Chapter 61 in Death Bringer, I'll assume you don't like it. And neither do I.

Sparky Braginski said...

Hey guys!

I'm disappointed Derek didn't win, but he seems okay with it, so it's fine by me.

Amanda Moore/China Sorrows, now Zinnia Batty said...

Hi my dipperonies

Beef___ *Cornith Solomon* said...

D'you know what, I cannot find ONE picture of Jasper Hale smiling. NOT ONE. I imagined him better in the book. *shakes head sadly again*

Sparky Braginski said...

I am re-re-rereading the Skulduggery Pleasant series at the moment and I just finished chapter 39 of Dark Days. I t finishes with Skulduggery saying:

"And yet we're going to skip it anyway. Please feel free to tell Thurid Guild that this was all your doing, while we focus on going after Scarab and his lot. And don't worry, when we arrest them, you can tell everyone you did it. We don't do what we do for the glory or the fame or the credit; we do it for the quiet satisfaction of making the world a better place, saving the lives of innocents, and being better than you are."

He says that to Davina Marr...

PRICELESS!!!

Sparky Braginski said...

Derek, if I were you, at the prospect of being forced to go to a Twilight movie, I would have preferred wearing and dress for a night.

*looks at Val V*

NOT DOING THAT AGAIN.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Sparky- I love that line so much; I pointed it out to someone who hadn't even read the series and they burst out laughing.


*grins evilly about the dress thing*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*is drawing a very disturbed looking zombie*

Sparky Braginski said...

I do that with most Skulduggery Pleasant lines.

I normally do it until they agree to read the book.

One of my friends came up to me angrily after she finished the first book and said:

"YOU READ TOO MANY LINES!!! READING THIS BOOK WAS LIKE DEJA VU!!"

Sparky Braginski said...

*winces at sight of zombie*

That looks like Thrasher's burnt face...

Tori said...

oh wow
you did more in a few days than i've done in an entire month
god my have no life
that's the main thing on my christmas list this year-to get a life
i hear that they're amazing

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Nice XD I do that too, but I always end up just saying the major things aloud... Like the twist...

Beef___ *Cornith Solomon* said...

Mumbles about being too obsessed with twilight....

Sparky Braginski said...

I avoid it...

Not fair for the others...

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

My friends knew the whole series before they even read it, thanks to me...

Tori said...

i had the longest conversation yesterday with this girl about the different vampire books we've read and i kept telling her to read skulduggery pleasant

then i got home and tried to get my mom to read it and she asked if there was any romance in it. i was like "it doesn't hint the romance until the 3rd book, which is good. because if it was in the 1st two it would be weird because the main character's like 12 and the guy is like over 500." :P
i do not do the book justice

Sparky Braginski said...

Well...

I'd still let them read it by themselves.

My group of friends is the 'Nerdy Book Group' so we are ALL sticklers for NO SPOILERS EVER!!!

Tori said...

i say too many spoilers to my friends, and even though they have no intention of reading the book to begin with they get upset with me

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

My mom read it... And loved it... But she was scared when the Elders died, when Mr Bliss pushed Skulduggery off the cliff, in the caves, and she was just scared of Serpine in general. I'm trying to convince her to read Playing with Fire, but she refuses...

Sparky Braginski said...

I made my mum read the first trilogy. She still refuses to read the second one.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*is creeped out by zombie picture* Eww...

Tori said...

i can't even get my mom to start
she's to caught up in the twilight romances and she gets mad when i make fun of edward and bella

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

DEREK YOU'RE AWESOME.

Sparky Braginski said...

*zombie picture comes to life and tries to eat me*

GRAAH!!!

*runs*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

REALLY AWESOME.

nights.raven said...

hey everyone

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*stabs zombie* Go eat the brain in the drawing. *zombie reluctantly goes back*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

If you think Derek's awesome, say, "DEREK IS AWESOME".

nights.raven said...

DEREK IS AWESOMELY EPIC!!!

Sparky Braginski said...

DEREK IS AWESOME.

*raids fridge of all salami*

Sparky Braginski said...

*chews salami*

Sparky Braginski said...

DEREK, THE GOLDEN GOD IS THE MOST AWESOME PERSON EVER. HE IS KING OF EPICNESS.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

*claps hands, and suddenly everyone is very fancy, and sitting at a huge table (when I say fancy, I mean everyone's in tuxedos and dresses. That includes me. And you, Sparky)*


A toast to Derek! For being the best writer ever, for being funny, for being good to his fans, and for just being Derek!

*everyone clinks glasses, sits down, and is in normal clothing again*

Sparky Braginski said...

Only cause ALL the girls were wearing dresses.

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

Yes, Sparky, yes.

Sparky Braginski said...

But...

*gets out make up gun and shoots at Val V*

Sparky Braginski said...

*and Raven*

nights.raven said...

why r u shooting me with a make up gun?

Sparky Braginski said...

*sees huge spider at other end of room*

*freezes*

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

EVERYONE WHOEVER SEES THIS:


Go to these blogs:

bringingskulduggerytothemasses.blogspot.com

and

isabellasfanfic.blogspot.com




Derek, go to isabellasfanfic.blogspot.com and read "Because Valkyrie decided to look up who she was..." because you are a character, and that character is Derek Landy.

Sparky Braginski said...

THIS IS A REAL SPIDER IT'S HUGE AND SCARING ME!!!!!

Sparky Braginski said...

I'M SCARED!!!!!!!!

Sparky Braginski said...

IT'S WALKING UP THE WALL!!!

Valkyrie V. - Ivy said...

EWWW! SPIDER! THROW SOMETHING AT IT! GET A SHOE, GET A LAMP! JUST KILL IT!

Sparky Braginski said...

1st.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 4762   Newer› Newest»